Thursday, May 6, 2010

Celebrating my Mum


Tomorrow is my Mum's birthday. Combined with mother's day on the weekend, we are having a big celebration at our family home with my nearest and dearest. My parents are selling their place this year (they hope to) so they can move on to their new chapter, so I'll be nice to create a recent memory there as it's been so long since we have all been there together.

My sister and I have bought Mum a new makeup with all new applicators. Something she would never spend for herself. So it's got me thinking about gift wrapping.

Come Christmas time, I get more excited about decorations and wrapping gifts, than unwrapping gifts on the morning of the 25th! Am I the only one!? So I have been scouring for some inspiration.

My Mum loves raw, natural fibres, and gold. If it's gold, then she's sold!
Gift wrapping to me is a design in itself and is the beauty of it is so inspirational.

Here is a great posting about some lovely packaging
And here is a great site for lots of inspiration come gift wrapping time

Images: decor8,

No comments:

Post a Comment